Welcome to London Retired

I organize a walking group called " Weekday Walks " where many members of your age have become friends with each other.

Free walk Fri morn 15th February

www.meetup.com/Weekday-walks

Mon Feb 04

Helping out young families as “patchwork grandparent”?

Hello,

I am working on a social enterprise to match local grandparents with local young families, because so many families now live far from their grandparents. I think grandparents can be wonderful, patient helping hands and children can add lots of joy to a grandparents’ (patchworked or real!) life.

Would you use this?

Any feedback would be great!

Thu Jul 19

Helping out young families as “patchwork grandparent”?

Hello,

I am working on a social enterprise to match local grandparents with local young families, because so many families now live far from their grandparents. I think grandparents can be wonderful, patient helping hands and children can add lots of joy to a grandparents’ (patchworked or real!) life.

Would you use this?

Any feedback would be great!

Thu Jul 19

Male retired now

Only one Key - ignorant

Wed Mar 14

I'm not sure how old your ad is. I retired last year and interested in sharing the same things as you. I live in Islington North London and would love to hear from you email me if your interested at

Mon Feb 13

I have recently retired and finding myself at a bit of loss on how to fill my days. I too would love some company to visit galleries, theatre or a bit of lunch. You can email me at

Mon Feb 13

Have similar interests.

Fri Sep 09

Recently retired London woman

friends all working..at least the ones who are left in London! So not enough to sustain me..I've sorted out some voluntary roles for myself, and would love some company for films, galleries, lunch, etc etc..not looking for romance, just some good company..male/female/gay/straight...do get in touch!

Sat Aug 20

is there any generous landlord willing to give us as a gift an unwanted house?

Hi,

we are a poor couple who cant afford a mortgage and we are desperately looking for a generous landlord who has an unwanted house to give us as a gift please. Only real owner please.

if you do please get in touch with your details. my email is

Sun Mar 29

HI , I AM A LONELY WIDOW FOR THE LAST 2 YEARS AND I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW YOU MORE TO SEE IF WE CAN BE FRIENDS.

Sun Aug 10

I SENT AN EMAIL THE OTHER DAY BUT IT DID NOT SEEM TO HAVE REACHED YOU .AS I LOST MY HUSBAND WHO WAS A PRIVATE DOCTOR 2 YEARS AGO ,I DO FEEL LONELY AND NEED SOME SOCIAL EVENTS.I LIVE IN MAIDAVALE NOT FAR FROM YOUR MOTHER. YOURS DEVI

Wed Aug 06

I W...OULD LIKE TO KNOW MORE ABOUT YOUR SOCIAL EVENT AS I HAVE LOST MY HUSBAND 2 YRS AGO AND FEEL LONELY.I NEED SOME FRIENDS AND I LIVE IN MAIDAVALE NOT TOO FAR.AM A SEMI RETIRED FRENCH TEACHER.EMAIL ME ,THANKS DEVI

Sat Aug 02

Hello. I have also retired now and in need of retired friends to go out and about in London.

Thu Feb 20

I lost my partner when i was 41 years old and have spent the last 23 years on my own bringing up my 2 daughters . I have always worked very hard and had a very interesting career... now i can retire ,i'm unsure of what to be doing with my time as my girls flew the nest a good couple of years back ..... I am a very very young 65 ... love dining out /or in,, into Interior design,travel,love Gardening ,,Dancing,, salsa ,but alas no friends as such as i have always focused on work ....... help needed some advise please, am not keen on just becoming a couch potato.... ! would love to live in the sunshine in the winter months as i hate this country in the cold ...... Has anyone up and left and how does it feel ????

Wed Nov 13

Housesitter (a few hours) - occasional work

Hi, I have a small property portfolio I manage and I am looking for someone who can house sit when i need to book an engineer/workman.

I thought a retired person would probably be most suited as it is not frequent and I trust they would be reliable. This is not something i have done before and someone advised me to get someone who is CRB checked. So this is my requirement.

Also if this is not the right forum I would be most grateful for ideas of where i can find someone.

Details:

Normally in E14 8HS, E16 2DG, E16 4NG, NW3 4TU and else where in London

It is not a regular job by all means- if for example the boiler or cooker in one of the properties doesn't work and i need to book an engineer - normally 8-1 or 12-6, if i cant get a 2 hour slot, then i would like to call you, book the slot in then you go to the house to wait on the day.

Many Thanks

Rebecca

Fri Aug 16

Hi Colin,

Why did you retired earlier if you don't mind me asking?... In which career field were you in?

Sat Aug 03

Life Drawing Class SE London every Wednesday

Hello,

I have recently started a weekly life drawing class every Wednesday, upstairs at the Talbot Pub Brockley SE4 1QG There are two sessions one at 4-6pm and one 7-9pm.

If you would like any more information about this class, please email me:

Tue Jul 09

NEED TO COME BACK TO LONDON

Hello

My name is Anna. I am 51 and live in rural Ireland. I moved here from London 7 years ago and just love my life here. However, I face a dilemma! My daughter has just had twins and needs me to move back to London to give her help. I want to come back for maybe a short period of 1 month to see if I can return to London life! Would be willing to swap homes with retired active person/couple who would like to try living the laid back country life in a beautiful location in rural Ireland.

Sat May 18

retired 55 year old man offers company for lonely lady

Email me on

Tue Mar 12

would like to know more about the university of the third ageand the activities.my email is

Wed Feb 20

sZUKAM PRZYJACIÓŁ

Fri Nov 23

Help raise money for blind and partially sighted by carol singing

During the Christmas period RNIB (Royal National Institute of Blind People) have a space booked at Euston station in London on Saturday 8 Dec, for carol singing, so we are reaching out to local people to donate some of their time and voices to helping us raise money for blind and partially sighted people.

If you would like to support RNIB and are available on this date please contact me, your local Fundraising Executive

Wed Oct 17

dance salsa and tropical rythms

Retired female looking for going out and dance latin specially sunday afternoons, interested? call ********1

Tue Aug 21

retired looking for friends50 plus

like dancing salsa and tropical music, need group to go out and enjoy toguether.

Tue Aug 21

Mon Aug 20

I could join you, call me at ********1 thank you

Mon Aug 20

I am a retired woman, looking for a nice male for companionship , must like dancing specially salsa and latin rythms, looking forward hearing from you soon, non smokers pls sorry. ********1

Mon Aug 20

what a fantastic idea - I know I am always running out of ciggie papers late at night. sorry I dont live in Harlesden - this could catch on all over london - in fact its a necessity.

Tue Aug 14

great idea. I like nothing better than watching a movie and then pulling it to pieces after ha ha- there are not enough things for older people to do, but why just mix with older people ? there is a website called meetup,com or something like that. they will help you organise meetups in your area - they are more into sharing common interests rather than the age aspect. Us old gits need to keep our presence visible to these young folks who dont know as much as we do. I am a 76 year old lady but have not yet retired - dont believe in it.

Tue Aug 14

hello i am also a mature female looking for friends

I like dancing latin music, I could teach you if interesting on the kind of dance like salsa merengue, ect

I can`t wait for you reply

Mon Jul 09

hello

I am a retired lady, and I like walking and dancing if you want, my email is :

Mon Jul 09

Wednesday Tennis matchplay - Kingston

We run tennis matchplay on Wednesdays (7pm to 9pm) - Kingston, YMCA Hawker Centre, KT2 5BH

only 6£ per 2hrs

first come first serve

All players are welcome

Thank you

Mon Jul 02

Hello!

I am a female who lives in the country and would like to make friends in London - have been caring for my husband for past 3 years - now showing signes of improvement. Have been very lonely as old friends seem to be fair weather friends. I am interested in the arts and theatre and outdoor activities. My e-mail is as follows -

Mon Jun 18

All my friends are still working!

Young at heart gay male wrong side of 60 seeks strictly platonic friendship with male or female similar age just to go out and about with sometimes; cinema, theatre, walks, museums, art galleries, pubs, whatever...but not into sports. Living on a bit of a shoe string, but good company and solvent.

Tue Jun 12

Interested in getting out and about in London?

I'm pretty much retired now and keen to make the most of all that London has to offer - going to exhibitions, film, theatre, walking etc etc. If this sounds interesting mail me.

Wed Feb 29

Happy to help?

Tue Feb 14

Hi Mature female

I am male in same situation and live in Middlesex area. Please contact by email:

Wed Jan 18

I am responding to your e-mail. I am also a retired woman of the age of 68years old. my origin is jamaican.

e-mail address.....muriel

Sun Jan 15

hi x

Wed Dec 14

need by email davidburgess14@yahoo.co.uk

I'm profoundly deaf,71 year old,retired,but I still home alone for 6 years so I've try find new friends for a while so I still bit unhappy at my home because of big problem with bus are bad services really wy they never rights time for the bus, I lives at poole but my home is sheltered housing accommodation so I lived there bit under 6 years but before is best so they now change different ways because of some people was homeswapper though some lady are bad attitude and too bossy some people do not like this,i need companionship/partner for fun and good laugh, so I am bit disappointed really I now look for new relationship but never turn up yet, I've bit sad for many years so I now try found out about this why not , many regards

Mon Nov 21

Good idea

Thu Nov 17

Answering "retired but missing a bit"

Hi ,we seem to be in a very similar position,,yes I feel exactly the same ,,that why I'm on this site,,that bit is screaming in side my head,,why,,I have everything but the ,,bit,, I need to fell needed,,I have spent the last ten years sorting out others problems ,,every day ,,300 staff, I knew them all,, and now just me and my wife,,I need to get out more,

Thu Nov 17

Retired Looking for Friends  

We are an old retired couple, 70 and 63. Getting old and gradually we started missing the contact with people of our age and we would like to get acquianted with a couple at our age to exhange emails and have some coffee together.

We would be glad for any reponse

Our mail is

Mon Oct 03

Dog share / walker

We have a beautiful 10 month old cocker spaniel called Bella, she is well natured and probably the most loving dog we could have wished for.

We are looking for someone who may not be In a position to have a dog full time but would like a dog in there life.

neither I nor my husband realised the time and commitment having a dog would require and as we both work full time as well as having two young children Bella isn’t getting the quality of life she deserves.

We have thought about re homing Bella, but sharing would be our preferred option as she is now part of the family and our children adore her and would be devastated.

We are not seeking a financial commitment, just a companion for Bella during the day to keep her active. This could be anything from an hour or all day. details can be negotiated to whatever suites each family.

If you are interested please email me

Many thanks

Post reply -->London Pets Natasha 7 Jun

Tue Jun 07

Dog share / walker

We have a beautiful 10 month old cocker spaniel called Bella, she is well natured and probably the most loving dog we could have wished for.

We are looking for someone who may not be In a position to have a dog full time but would like a dog in there life.

neither I nor my husband realised the time and commitment having a dog would require and as we both work full time as well as having two young children Bella isn’t getting the quality of life she deserves.

We have thought about re homing Bella, but sharing would be our preferred option as she is now part of the family and our children adore her and would be devastated.

We are not seeking a financial commitment, just a companion for Bella during the day to keep her active. This could be anything from an hour or all day. details can be negotiated to whatever suites each family.

If you are interested please email me

Many thanks

Post reply -->London Pets Natasha 7 Jun

Tue Jun 07

lonely need help

hello my name is tom and i am a 45 years old man kind & caring, if you are lonely and need to talk to somebody over a cupper or do some local shopping or any small jobs contact me by e-mail or my mobile phone ********9

Thu May 26

Hello! I am also a mature female, living in London and who is about to retire. I would like to find female/male friends for outdoor activities, but I am on my own. If you are in the same boat and are in search of friends, I would like to hear from you. Genuine response only please.

Wed Mar 30

RETIRED 61

I am an Indian gentleman now retired but would love some female company to go for walks, a drink or a meal etc near Bexleyheath or surrounding areas. I was born in Kenya came to Uk in 1966. Love to sing at karaokes and watch live groups.

Thu Mar 24

House exchange property in Spain for property in London or south-east

I have a property in Spain in an area very popular with british retired people and I would like to excahnge with a property in London or south-east.

Sat Jan 01

malangjan1@hotmail.com

my nam is mohamma i am 50 i am looking for a retierd woman

for friendship in my area SE18 .

i am married but i have no fried to speak with i really need a friend

Sun Dec 12

ALCAUCIN F/F 1 BED APARTMENT NR MALAGA EDGE OF EL ALCAZAR NATIONAL PARK IDEAL FOR GOLFERS/WALKERS

400 PCM INCLUDES ALL BILLS

ASK FOR LONG TERM LET PRICE

AVAILABLE JANUARY

EMAIL FOR PHOTOS

Wed Nov 17

ALCAUCIN F/F 1 BED APARTMENT NR MALAGA EDGE OF EL ALCAZAR NATIONAL PARK IDEAL FOR GOLFERS/WALKERS

F/F 1 bed GF apartment set on hillside on edge of El Alcazar National park nr Malaga with stunning 2nd floor views from the terrace of Lake Vinuela/mountains. Marble floors. Air con wifi available sky TV 2 flat screen tvs 1 is 48 inch dvd/cd video heating. F/F kitchen+extra appliances. bathroom+shower. double bed double fitted wardrobe matching chest of drawers 2 bedside cabinets bedding. All modern furniture dining table 4 chairs tv table bookcase nest of 3 tables sofa bed corner settee. 2 double patio shuttered secure doors open onto terrace 2 loungers 2 chairs patio table. uninterrupted views. intercom. lifts. secure basement garage with electric doors allocated parking space and storage room. Ideal for walkers to La Maroma mountain and Canillas etc Golfers play at Baveira and Anoreta 20 mins to sandy beaches of Torre Del Mar. Alcaucin's own natural springs weekly market cafes bars restaurants bakeries local festivals. friendly and peaceful mountain village. The swimming pool summer

Wed Nov 17

LONELY

i AM A VERY LONELY WOMAN MICHAEL BUT WOULD LOVE TO ENJOY LIFE

Mon Nov 01

COMPANY

I am a lonely woman Michael

Mon Nov 01

Hi

Interested in your search for friends but need to know two things - your age and where you live.

I am retired and early 70's, in a relationship but would like to make some lady friends for casual meet-ups, conversation, coffee etc.

Please email me if interested.

Wed Oct 20

remembering the Blitz

Please pass on to friends and family: we are remembering the 70th year since the Blitz next week on 7th and 11th September, in SE London. Would love to see you there if you're in town. Film from the Imperial War Museum, archive recordings, readings drawn from local accounts, and of course, hits from the Blitz. More details at sydenhamartsfestival.co.uk or alexandracarter.com you need to follow the links-

It's at Livesey Memorial Hall on 7th Sept, doors open at 7:30 and at St John's Church, Penge on 11th Sept, doors open at 7:30. It's 8 or 5 pounds concessions. Many thanks for sharing!

Wed Sep 01

FRIENDS

Hello. I am a mature female who is lacking friends and I would love to find new friends of your age. The only problem it is just me alone...... would that matter? I look forward to seeing your reply.

Mon Jul 26

Part-time Out of Office/Porter role Hatton Garden

We have a role in our AECOM Hatton Garden office suitable for someone looking for part-time hours in the local area. Early mornings and early evenings.

The role involves front of house cover, phones, post etc.

Please visit ww.aecom.com/careers to see the job online.

Wed Jul 21

Fri Jun 25

Fri Jun 25

hi ..how are you ? im no computer expert but i guess that you being a computer expert would know the outcome ..good on you ..

Sat May 01

hi patricia how are you ..? i am ravi and im asian and i live in london and i know abouts london .and im friendly and versatile and im there ..fit ,passionate about cooking and passionate about life anything else ... comes in between i hope to hear from you soon take care and look after yourself.

Sat May 01

HANDSOME MAN 35 OFFERS COMPANY FOR LADIES

CALL MARK **** ****7

Sat Apr 17

HAMDSOME MAN 35 OFFERS COMPANY FOR LADIES

CALL MARK **** ****7

Sat Apr 17

Reflexology in comfort of your own home

only for ladies call **** 699 017

Sat Apr 17

Thu Mar 25

hi i amhandsome man 40looking for

older woman call me 0774 81 ****

Tue Mar 16

hi i amhandsome man 40looking for

older woman call me 0774 81 ****

Tue Mar 16

I responded but didnt hear from you.

I think you are located close to me. I am in the Roehampton area.

Please respond?

Anna (another Anna!)

Tue Feb 23

I may be lonely...

but I am very nice and virtuous. And a lot older than you.

I am new in the London area.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Fri Feb 19

In response to 32 year old...

It would be nice to have a younger friend. I miss my daughter, and I have my own problems, too. I am an American lady who would appreciate a new friend, but only if you are a non-smoker!

Fri Feb 19

Definitely interested in the young mother needing childcare

but I am, believe it or not, a very "mature" student at Roehampton University and have to attend classes on Tues. morning, Thursday afternoon and Friday afternoon. I'd love to help out...I am a grandmother and I miss my daughter and grandchildren. I am an American lady in the Roehampton area, a non-smoker, and (can't be around smoke)...you can email me at

Fri Feb 19

responding to man that is offering to replace in country...

Spain, France, etc. I am from America and in the UK and though should be thinking of retirement, but just beginning life...writer, in the arts, and will be through with my degree next December. However, I will be on break this April and I am really serious. I am an American woman and own a condo; it is possible that I could get that sold...but maybe I want to keep an American home, too, but there is much more I would like to talk with you about.

This sounds enchanting. You can email me at

Fri Feb 19

Reading Aloud

'He do the Policeman in different voices'

I am a professional man in full-time work, early 40s based in Islington. I am also training to become an actor in my time off.

I am offering my services to read aloud to people who may no longer be able to enjoy reading. I would be happy to make a regular commitment every week to read to either a group or individuals, anything from their favourite classics to the latest novels.

I can provide references.

Mon Dec 28

35 years old attractive man offers company

for lonely woman call michael **** ****8 or email

Sun Sep 13

The Retirement Show

On Saturday, 18th July, I attended the annual "The Retirement Show" at London's Olympia. There were many themes which were directed to the retired/semi retired/about to retire so I recommend the show as appropriate. Visitors may pre-register for a free ticket by logging onto website and following the links. If one does not have access to the internet, one can contact PRo Global Media, tel: **** ****37. Advertisments are displayed in the Retirement Today Magazine, Saga Magazine, The Daily Mail, the U3A magazine, Choice magazine and many other publications.

As you already know one thing leads to another so this show might lead you to daytime activities which may help you enjoy your retirement.

Tue Aug 04

Over 60s Groups

In consequence of my pending retirement I recently did some research so that I may occupy my daytimes. I recommend readers to refer to their local Age Concern office as they may provide listings of local 'Over 60's groups as that is what my local Age Concern gave me.

Not that I have any experience as yet but maybe some of these groups may be very good. Well, they are an option as regards finding companionship and activities to enjoy your daytime!

Tue Aug 04

University of the Third Age

Since I am about to retire my recently research discovered the University of the Third Age which is an organisation for the retired/semi retired. The U3A have local groups all over the place. I personally applied for membership as they offer a variety of daytime activities that look appealing.

The National Office has a telephone number which is (020) 8466 6139; (

Tue Aug 04

Great idea

I Faye. I was talking to my mother yesterday who complained how lonely she is and what you suggest must be common to many retired people, especially if they have lost their partner.

My mother lives in Marble Arch and would love to set up a card playing/social event on a regular basis. If anyone is interested (or has friends/parents who they know whould like this) please contact me in the first instance.

Many thanks

Mark

Mon May 18

Looking for Friends

We are an old retired couple, 70 and 63. Getting old and gradually we started missing the contact with people of our age and we would like to get acquianted with a couple at our age to exhange emails and have some coffee together.

Our mail is

Fri May 15

Looking for friends

We are an old retired couple, 70 and 63. Getting old and gradually we started missing the contact with people of our age and we would like to get acquianted with a couple at appr our age to exhange emails and have some coffee together.

Fri May 15

Thu May 07

Mail me some info, please just a young 6o

Thu May 07

SEA CHANGE

young at heart fit active lady Eng/Australian looking for a nice single man looking for a sea change in Perth W.A

e-mail me it could be the change that you have been waiting for:)

Mon Apr 27

Skilled gardener wanted in Shepherds Bush - would suit retiree

Hi, we have a small garden in Shepherds Bush and would like someone who can help to maintain it, pruning, lawn-mowing etc on a regular basis of a few hours once a fortnight or a month.

It would suit a retiree who is passionate about gardening and knows about lawncare.

Email

Mon Mar 02

retired looking for something special

Hi There

In response to your london forum posting.

Im retired at the moment,but looking for something special

to be involved with,owing to large financial loss.

Have always run my own business for many years.

Not sure if my skills and experience will be of any use in your

enterprise,but it might be worth having a chat.

contact email

Sun Jan 11

Looking for flatshare for my 70 year old dad!

My father is a fit and healthy 70 year old that still works in central London.

I think it would be great for him to move into a flat share, for safety, companionship etc

Does anyone know where I can find anything?

Many thanks

Ilana

Sun Oct 12

age is just a number

yes age is just a number but if you do need some helping you with your shoping im 14 years old based in greenwich need anymore information email me at

Fri Sep 19

Over 60s Art Group

I would be keen to have feedback about interest in an Art Group for people over 60 years old. I am a professional artist & art therapist and feel that most art tuition does not take mature beginners seriously. Feel free to email me

Fri Sep 19

Looking for something special?

I am really looking for that special person who is retired but would like to be part of a business where your skills, knowledge and experience will be appreciated and rewarded, without the hassle of being "employed".

I own a college and am looking for someone with a background in growing a small educational business into something substantial.

Fri Aug 29

NEW BIG MONEY QUIZ SHOW LOOKING FOR COUPLES

Tiger Aspect Productions are looking for couples to take part in a quiz show pilot.

Get in touch with us at

Wed May 28

Forum Moderator Wanted

Someone with time on their hands and who has an interest in property wanted to moderate on a new forum.

contact

Thu Apr 17

Forum Moderator Wanted

Someone with time on their hands and who has an interest in property wanted to moderate on a new forum.

contact

Thu Apr 17

Acupuncture

Hi,

I am an acupuncturist offering discounted acupuncture £30 to anyone in the group. You can find me at www.telotherapies.com or phone me on ********0

or email me on

Sat Apr 12

Charities could use your help

I am the chairman of an East London charity and we could definitely use the skills that retirees have to benefit the community.

Many charities would benefit from your expertise.

If you would like to know more information then please contact me on

Wed Mar 26

.......TOYBOY...........

Hi.

i am a 25 y o male who is looking for a mistress.

this toYboy is athletic,well buid,with love for nature,exercising,cooking heathy food etc.

Fri Feb 29

Club for over 60s

It sounds like a very good idea. A film club, theatre outings, walks, museum visits and so on.

Let me know if you've gotten any responses.

Always, N

My

Tue Feb 05

Club for over 60s

Film club sounds great. Also, I enjoy dancing, going to museums, art galleries and theatre. Getting together for coffee can also be pleasant. Hope to hear from you.

Always, N

Fri Feb 01

Interested in meeting 0/60s

Just recently stopped working. Although I am taking two art classes and go out with some friends I miss the structure of work. I would be interested in outings, art galleries and museums. Also, I enjoy dancing and theatre. My e-mail is

Fri Feb 01

I know exactly how you feel. I am just 60 and retired on my birthday. I also need more than family and travels. I am looking for group language learning ie: Italian ,Spanish. I would love to learn badmington anything that would bring a group together to learn and have fun! I live in woodside park N12. If you know of anything locally please let me know!

Tue Jan 29