Back to main index

London Writers and Authors

Writers Circles: Hi Julian - Could we possibly have a forum for writers' circles or people to contact others locally interested in writing. I've been looking for a Writers' circle in my area (marble Arch/marylebone) and while there's a few they focus on genres outside my interest and/or are closed for the moment. If there was enough interest I'd set up something myself but it would be great to have a separate forum for this kind of thing, Cheers, Charlotte

Search: Search

Main Index

Terms and Conditions of use.

Please don't try to advertise products or services in this forum. Thank you.

Post or Ask something here in 'Writers and Authors'

Writers and Authors Writers circles  

Could we possibly have a forum for writers' circles or people to contact others locally interested in writing. I've been looking for a Writers' circle in my area (marble Arch/marylebone) and while there's a few they focus on genres outside my interest and/or are closed for the moment. If there was enough interest I'd set up something myself but it would be great to have a separate forum for this kind of thing, Cheers, Charlotte

Post reply -->London Writers and Authors Charlotte 15 May
Should we remove this post ?

^

Writers and Authors Yes  

I also live in Marylebone and would also like to join a book group, preferably one that discusses 20th century classics, eg. Orwell, Graham Greene, Evelyn Waugh etc. That would be an excellent idea, I think.  Mail-me 

Post reply -->London Writers and Authors Ivan 19 May

^

Writers and Authors Writers unite  

I'd be interested in joing a writers forum for some time and finally there's a possiblity I may be able to! I recently completed a creative writing class and would like to extend this experience in a fun, not too serious supportive group.

Yes. Do it!

Post reply -->London Writers and Authors Lolajo 26 May

^

Writers and Authors writers group in marylebone  

Charlottle, there is a writers group which meets every second wednesday in the marylebone children's library at about 6 30 I think. You'll find it on the internet (look under google). I went to it once - it was not for me - but that doesn't mean it wouldn't be what you are looking for. Anyone can just show up any week (that was what I didn't like about it - no continuity!!)

Post reply -->London Writers and Authors carolina 2 Jun

^

Writers and Authors  

Hi, Charlotte,

I'd join if you get one going. I'm in East Marylebone and haven't found a group that's local enough.

I work in non-fiction publishing and my main interests are poetry and The Novel.

Contact me on  Mail-me 

Post reply -->London Writers and Authors Ludwiga 28 Jun

^

Writers and Authors Me too  

I'm in shepherds bush and would be interested.

Mail-me 

Post reply -->London Writers and Authors allie 19 Jun

These aren't commercial ads below: they are a rotating selection of postings contributed by MoveThat.com users in the last 24h.

London New Friends 50 up
Hi Martha: Tried direct to email you but it doesnt work. Are ...

London East Ham
: Hi Shirley I went to the Windsorette stage school ...

London mill hill
St. Anthony: My siblings and I all attended Mill Hill School (F...

London Single Parents
Single mum with 9 year old son. WALLINGTON CARSHALTON SUTTON WIMBLEDON : I am looking for a fresh start.. would prefer abov...

London Kennington
Kennington Ruddís : Hi I knew the Ruddís lots of children , think Mums...

London Grove Park
Excellent for new family: Houses are very reasonably priced for 2-3 bedrooms...

London Dulwich
Keep-fit buddy needed: Same old thing,:) inam a member at Esph Lordship l...

London New Friends 40 up
Platonic Friends: I am a mature female from North London....

London East Ham
: Hi Shirley I went to the Windsorette stage school ...

London Flatseeking Groups
Mum of two looking for house share in N1 or nearby: I am recently separated from my partner and my two...

London Canning Town
: I lived in Hermit Road and Murkoffís was iconic, i...

London Enfield
Enfield what is it like? : Hello. I moved to Enfield(Bush Hill Park) mid this...

London Kennington
Gilbert rd: Hi, does anyone have any photos of Gilbert rd in t...

London Enfield
Enfield what is it like? : Hello. I moved to Enfield(Bush Hill Park) mid this...

London Single Parents
Single mum with 9 year old son. WALLINGTON CARSHALTON SUTTON WIMBLEDON : I am a professional working full time.. willing to...

London Ladbroke Grove
Besant Ladbroke Grove: Hello, Doris Besant was my grandmother, she sadly ...

London Language Exchanges
Portuguese exchange 4 English : Hi,...

London Kennington
Gilbert rd : Hi my name was Sutherland. Husband Peter lived th...

London Single Parents
North London house share?: Hi, Iím looking for another single parent to share...

London Single Parents
Single parents Single mum with 2: Hi, I'm a single mum with two children, they are 6...

London New Friends 40 up

London Harlesden
: I lived at no 15 lulworth the people I remember fr...

London Single Parents
House share Wimbledon, Palmers Green: Hi Robyn, ...

London Plaistow
: You might remember us , the Pile's and the Bingle...

London Kennington
Kennington Ruddís : Hi I knew the Ruddís lots of children , think Mums...

London Mothers with Babies
Documentary Film for UCL Anthropology: Hi,...

London Single Parents
North London house share?: Hi, Iím looking for another single parent to share...

London Kennington
: Hi Joan, just seen your post, did you live downsta...

London Enfield

London Single Parents
Single mum with 12 year old daughter knomicos@gmail.com : Hi, ...

London Missing Persons
MISSING- JOSEPH WALDRON -SINCE 1965: Hi...

London Mothers with Babies
Documentary Film for UCL Anthropology: Hi,...

London Single Parents
Single mum with 9 year old son. WALLINGTON CARSHALTON SUTTON WIMBLEDON : I am a professional working full time.. willing to...

London Single Parents
LARGE ROOM AVAILABLE IN SE10 : Hi,...

London Single Parents
Single mum with 12 year old girl...creative: Hi Rade...

London New Friends 30 up
Hi there: I'm Jen, 27 yrs young, originally from the Caribbe...

London Single Parents
Single mum with 12 year old daughter knomicos@gmail.com : Hi, ...

London New Friends 40 up
: Hello there ...

London New Friends 40 up

London Clubbing
Who wants to go clubbing this Tuesday, 12th Nov. 18-30s: Looking for new friends who want to go dance the n...

London Kennington
: Hi Joan, just seen your post, did you live downsta...

^

Writers and Authors writers groups  

I've just moved here + tried a couple of groups that I found on the net but there was no sense of committment or cohesion. Just people rolling randomly in off the street to read (sometimes very intensely!) from their own work. Criticism is limited to polite comments like "Yes, very good, I liked that" and then nothing more until someone says "Well, we'll move onto the next piece then shall we?" A good writers group needs a core of regular, committed members who know each other well enough to give robust criticism and still remain on good enough terms to head for a drink afterwards. There is so much transience in London, I think this might be tricky to find.

Post reply -->London Writers and Authors bitch 25 May

^

Writers and Authors calling all novice writers  

i'm v interested in a writers group in the sw london area. i've also completed a couple of of creative writing courses and would love to have a supportive forum to discuss work.

Post reply -->London Writers and Authors nahid 4 Jun

^

Writers and Authors Writers unite  

I have been writing a thriller genre novel for a couple of years, have started a creative writing course and I am serious in my intention to get published. all the text books recommend joining a writers club but I too am struggling to find anything in central London. I work long hours in the City and would be keen to meet straight from work in centrl location, say St Pauls, Covent Garden, City or West End. anyone know of anything in these areas? looking for advice from published and already successful authors would be extra great!
LL

Post reply -->London Writers and Authors Lua 12 Jun

^

Writers and Authors Writers Group in Marylebone  

Cheers for that Caroline - I had already discovered it via the Arts Council listings (and also Diana Hayden's fabulous Directory of writers' circles) but unfortunately I'm at class on a Wednesday night - plus I'd selfishly like to be involved in a group that focuses on writing novels. I've found that if people are tackling different formats (short stories, plays, poetry etc) it can prove difficult.

Post reply -->London Writers and Authors Charlotte 17 Jun

^

Writers and Authors writers group  

I would be interested in joining a writersí group. I started writing last year whilst I was on a year-long world trip. Currently I am writing a book about my trip and my personal growth during that time. The basis of the book is my travellerís blog, which received good response from my friends and family. I have also started to write a crime novel, but this is on hold until I have finished the book about my trip.

I have recently attended a course in creative writing, which I found both informative and inspiring. During the course, I found the exchange with other writers particularly stimulating and would therefore be interested in meeting other writers in my area.

If this fits with what you are looking to achieve with your writers group, please let me know when and where you would like to meet.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Mail-me 

Post reply -->London Writers and Authors elke 13 Dec

^

Writers and Authors south west london writers  

I live in Richmond and am also looking for a writers forum to exchange ideas. I think it is best to split up groups according to areas - I have been to groups with more than 5 people before and its a pain in the bum!
I am interested in joining or co-founding a group in richmond or anything vaguely south!
Would love to hear from like minded folks. Am 26, female, have completed courses, am interested in developing ideas towards a novel.

Post reply -->London Writers and Authors Tileh 15 Jul

^

Writers and Authors Advice from published authors  

Hi, how did you get on? Did you get any advice from published authors? If so, what did they advise?

Post reply -->London Writers and Authors 14 Oct

^

Writers and Authors  

experiment

Post reply -->London Writers and Authors 2 Apr

^

Writers and Authors novel writers group  

I have been looking for a 'serious' novel writers' group for some considerable time. In a way it's a relief to read that others haven't found what they are looking for either, on the other hand I know that such a group would make a huge difference to successful conclusion of my novel! I live in central London and would like to join a group, come every time and contribute a lot. the best such group I have ever been a member of (not in London) had 6 members who were each writing a novel, and every week each of them seemed to have written another chapter. Very stimulating and supportive.
please do include me if any of you set something up.
Senta

Post reply -->London Writers and Authors Senta 30 Jun

^

Writers and Authors south west london writer  

Hi,

I'm interested in a south west london writing club. Can you let me know if you located or started one.

I'm in Colliers Wood.

Regards

Mail-me 

Post reply -->London Writers and Authors Kenneth 16 Sep

^

Writers and Authors South West London Writers  

Did you find any groups near Richmond? I live near Richmond, have two novels published and would like to join a tight, well-run group.

Post reply -->London Writers and Authors Suzie 15 Oct

OK*