Back to main index

London Holidays

Foreign travel ? Friends can't get time off work, or don't want to go anyway because they don't like foreign food ? No problem. Say where you're thinking of going. Lay out your plans and ideas a bit Bet someone else wants to go too. Going on holiday with friends can be a real pain anyway.

Search: Search

Main Index

Terms and Conditions of use.

Please don't try to advertise products or services in this forum. Thank you.

Post or Ask something here in 'Holidays'

Holidays Surf beaches  

Apart from Bondi, what are the big surf beaches in SE Australia does anybody know.

Closer to home, I think I'm right that there's a weekend flight to Newquay by EasyJet ?? Where's a good place to stay does anybody know ?

Post reply -->London Holidays surf beach surf beachSimon 9 Mar
Should we remove this post ?

^

Holidays London - Newquay flights  

Hi Simon, Air Southwest fly from Gatwick to Newquay daily, 4 times a day. Enquiries 0870 241 8202, Reservations 0870 241 6830, or visit www.airsouthwest.com.

EasyJet don't list Newquay as a destination, might be a summer-only service.

Post reply -->London Holidays surf beach surf beachJulian & Phil 10 Mar

^

Holidays Surfing in Australia  

Hi Simon - if you are in Sydney head for the northern beaches (manly to palm beach), which tend to be less touristed. Plus as they're all lined up in a string, if you get bored of one you just hop in your car and head for the next one.

In any case, don' t worry, there will be a surf report on the radio every morning so that you know where the waves are best! Or you can look online at sites like http://www.realsurf.com/

If you are heading north towards Queensland, or south towards Victoria there are masses of beaches to choose from. I think the site above will list some of them for you, and again the local radio stations will probably give you info on the day. Have a great time!

Post reply -->London Holidays surf beach surf beachJayne 16 Mar

^

Holidays Great NSW Beaches  

If you're looking for some great Australian beaches, try the Royal National Park just south of Sydney, Gerie Beach, Stanwell Tops and others.
In Sydney, Manly and Freshwater beaches are good for waves and atmosphere.
Between Sydney and Brisbane, there are fabulous beaches around Forster, Coffs Harbour, Yamba (Angourie) and Byron Bay.

Post reply -->London Holidays Sarah 8 Oct

^

Holidays Surf beaches  

hey simon, given you are into surfing and i presume the environment, why don't you ditch the plane and opt for the train to head to cornwall. as an aussie i can give you numerous places to surf if you are still up for it, learnt to surf before i walked given i grew up in the Gong but seriously, if you keep flying mate then the best surf spots will be long gone. just a green tip which shouldn't be ignored.

Post reply -->London Holidays mR 18 Sep

^

Holidays Ryanair to Newquay  

They fly twice a day, but timings aren't great. OK if you can get to Stansted easily or you can manage to get a super-cheap fare, otherwise Air Southwest from Gatwick offers four flights a day at better timings.

If you can't get a flight, you can go by train from Paddington to Newquay (change at Par); National Express also run two coaches from Victoria and Heathrow Airport to Newquay (one direct, one change at Plymouth).

Post reply -->London Holidays surf beach surf beachJulian & Phil 23 Mar

These aren't commercial ads below: they are a rotating selection of postings contributed by MoveThat.com users in the last 24h.

London Grove Park
Is Grove Park Safe: Hello, ...

London Kennington
Michael rudd: Hi Roy, regarding Michael, I知 afraid I didn稚 kno...

London New Friends 40 up
Platonic Friends: I am a mature female from North London....

London Single Parents
North London house share?: Hi, I知 looking for another single parent to share...

London Rotherhithe
: Hi my names mal weaver lived 60 acorn walk till 19...

London West Norwood
: I was in Woodvale in 1960 I was then 10 years of a...

London Single Parents
Single mom of 10 year old looking for flatshare: Hi moms I知 looking to share a flat/house with ano...

London Dulwich
Keep-fit buddy needed: Same old thing,:) inam a member at Esph Lordship l...

London Harlesden
Kingsworld99@hotmail.com: My brother John worked on the meat counter there t...

London Kennington
: Hi Joan, just seen your post, did you live downsta...

London Single Parents
Triple bedroom in Palmers Green N13: Black British professional mum, 44 years old with ...

London New Friends 50 up
Hi Martha: Tried direct to email you but it doesnt work. Are ...

London Rotherhithe
: Hi my names mal weaver lived 60 acorn walk till 19...

London Kennington
Gilbert rd : Hi my name was Sutherland. Husband Peter lived th...

London Single Parents
Looking for single parent to buddy up knomicos@gmail.com : Hi I am looking for a single parent preferably wit...

London New Friends 50 up
Hi Martha: Tried direct to email you but it doesnt work. Are ...

London Single Parents
Nw6: Hi, I'm a single mum with two children, they are 6...

London Flatseeking Groups
Mum of two looking for house share in N1 or nearby: I am recently separated from my partner and my two...

London Single Parents
Single mum with 12 year old daughter : Hi . Would you be interested in buddying up and lo...

London Kennington
Maureen Massaro: No, sadly she died in 1986....

London Dulwich
Keep-fit buddy needed: Same old thing,:) inam a member at Esph Lordship l...

London Willesden
Tollgate House: I had my wedding reception in Tollgate House. My ...

London Clapham Junction
Looking for IA n: I know this is a pretty long shot but I am trying ...

London Single Parents
Single mom of 10 year old looking for flatshare: Hi moms I知 looking to share a flat/house with ano...

London Single Parents
East Greenwich - 1 Double & 1 Single + private bathroom: My 1 year old daughter and I are looking for someo...

London Single Parents
Are you looking to share your home or move into one?: Hi, I知 looking for another single parent to share...

London Single Parents
North London house share?: Hi, I知 looking for another single parent to share...

London New Friends 30 up
Also looking to make new friends: Hello...

London Nunhead
: Yes, I well remember Cutler's, otherwise known as ...

London Single Parents
East Greenwich - 1 Double & 1 Single + private bathroom: My 1 year old daughter and I are looking for someo...

London East Ham
: Hi Shirley I went to the Windsorette stage school ...

London East Ham
: Hi my name is Jean I remember Harvey as I danced ...

London Single Parents
Single mum with 12 year old daughter knomicos@gmail.com : Hi, ...

London Grove Park
Excellent for new family: Houses are very reasonably priced for 2-3 bedrooms...

London Streatham
Brownies: Hi,...

London New Friends 30 up
Looking for my bestie 30 plus : Hey I知 a Caribbean 31 year old wild child I知 a b...

London Horses and Ponies
I am looking for a confidence giver horse : Hi, I am looking for a gentle quiet horse to shar...

London New Friends 30 up
Looking for my bestie 30 plus : Hey I知 a Caribbean 31 year old wild child I知 a b...

London Kennington
Gilbert rd : Hi my name was Sutherland. Husband Peter lived th...

London Single Parents
Single mum with 12 year old girl...creative: Hi Rade...

London Finsbury
Rahere street EC1: My great grandad and grandma lived a 11 Rahere St ...

^

Holidays its quicker and cheaper by train  

I used to be at uni in cornwall and i worked out that once you take into acount the time and expense of getting to and from the airports it was the same price and time of going by train (just without the hastle and better for the environment).

Post reply -->London Holidays walrus 18 Oct

^

Holidays environment and surfing  

i so totally agree. what's with everyone surfing yet not realising that the impact of flying will eventually turn the best waves into mush....

Post reply -->London Holidays mR 18 Sep

OK*