Back to main index

London Holidays

Foreign travel ? Friends can't get time off work, or don't want to go anyway because they don't like foreign food ? No problem. Say where you're thinking of going. Lay out your plans and ideas a bit Bet someone else wants to go too. Going on holiday with friends can be a real pain anyway.

Search: Search

Main Index

Terms and Conditions of use.

Please don't try to advertise products or services in this forum. Thank you.

Post or Ask something here in 'Holidays'

Holidays Surf beaches  

Apart from Bondi, what are the big surf beaches in SE Australia does anybody know.

Closer to home, I think I'm right that there's a weekend flight to Newquay by EasyJet ?? Where's a good place to stay does anybody know ?

Post reply -->London Holidays surf beach surf beachSimon 9 Mar
Should we remove this post ?

^

Holidays London - Newquay flights  

Hi Simon, Air Southwest fly from Gatwick to Newquay daily, 4 times a day. Enquiries 0870 241 8202, Reservations 0870 241 6830, or visit www.airsouthwest.com.

EasyJet don't list Newquay as a destination, might be a summer-only service.

Post reply -->London Holidays surf beach surf beachJulian & Phil 10 Mar

^

Holidays Surfing in Australia  

Hi Simon - if you are in Sydney head for the northern beaches (manly to palm beach), which tend to be less touristed. Plus as they're all lined up in a string, if you get bored of one you just hop in your car and head for the next one.

In any case, don' t worry, there will be a surf report on the radio every morning so that you know where the waves are best! Or you can look online at sites like http://www.realsurf.com/

If you are heading north towards Queensland, or south towards Victoria there are masses of beaches to choose from. I think the site above will list some of them for you, and again the local radio stations will probably give you info on the day. Have a great time!

Post reply -->London Holidays surf beach surf beachJayne 16 Mar

^

Holidays Great NSW Beaches  

If you're looking for some great Australian beaches, try the Royal National Park just south of Sydney, Gerie Beach, Stanwell Tops and others.
In Sydney, Manly and Freshwater beaches are good for waves and atmosphere.
Between Sydney and Brisbane, there are fabulous beaches around Forster, Coffs Harbour, Yamba (Angourie) and Byron Bay.

Post reply -->London Holidays Sarah 8 Oct

^

Holidays Surf beaches  

hey simon, given you are into surfing and i presume the environment, why don't you ditch the plane and opt for the train to head to cornwall. as an aussie i can give you numerous places to surf if you are still up for it, learnt to surf before i walked given i grew up in the Gong but seriously, if you keep flying mate then the best surf spots will be long gone. just a green tip which shouldn't be ignored.

Post reply -->London Holidays mR 18 Sep

^

Holidays Ryanair to Newquay  

They fly twice a day, but timings aren't great. OK if you can get to Stansted easily or you can manage to get a super-cheap fare, otherwise Air Southwest from Gatwick offers four flights a day at better timings.

If you can't get a flight, you can go by train from Paddington to Newquay (change at Par); National Express also run two coaches from Victoria and Heathrow Airport to Newquay (one direct, one change at Plymouth).

Post reply -->London Holidays surf beach surf beachJulian & Phil 23 Mar

These aren't commercial ads below: they are a rotating selection of postings contributed by MoveThat.com users in the last 24h.

London Local Traders
There may be a curse on your life: have you ever wondered why you don't succeed no ma...

London Art and Artists
SPACE IN ARTIST STUDIO - CAMBERWELL : I have space for two artists in a beautiful studio...

London Walworth
: What happened to Danson rd? I can't find it on goo...

London Mothers with Babies
Baby photography /newborn photography : Hi . My name is Kiki . Iíve been working as a phot...

London New Friends 50 up
: Hey...

London Local Traders
I can stop all your bad lucks: am Kala Paji, London's most powerful Kalpavriksha....

London Single Parents
: Hiya,...

London Kensal Green
Tracing family: Does anyone know anything about Constance in 1909,...

London Plaistow
Memories of Plaistow and beyond : Come and join the Facebook group and chat with 600...

London Local Traders
I can stop all your bad lucks: am Kala Paji, London's most powerful Kalpavriksha....

London Single Parents
: Well recommended by few friends who have this Trip...

London Flats Houses Wanted
Property Forum Site For United Kingdom & Australia: Hi, wanna share with you a property site: ...

London lower edmonton
TONY PAIN: I can't answer the question, but I recall seeing a...

London Single Parents
Single parent looking to rent in South East London: Hi there,...

: Really sorry for multiple post ...

London Streatham
: Hi I think I should Know Graham ...

London Single Parents
Single parent looking to rent in South East London: Hi there,...

London South Norwood
: I seem to remember a shop there called Wolfespecia...

London Local Traders
Flat Pack Furniture Assembly Service: Our flat pack furniture assembly depends on how ma...

London New Friends 30 up
Looking for new friends : Hi I'm 36 years old mixed race I have a 7 year old...

London Single Parents
: Hey,...

London Deaf
Experiencing music Project: communication through bodies and sign language: Hi everyone!! I am working on a project about ways...

London Single Parents
London : Hi - which area are you in or are interested in sh...

London Single Parents
: Well recommended by few friends who have this Trip...

London Leyton
: I know a richard that lives in New York!!...

London New Friends 30 up
Looking for new friends : Hi I'm 36 years old mixed race I have a 7 year old...

London Local Traders
Flat Pack Furniture Assembly Service: Our flat pack furniture assembly depends on how ma...

London Parents
LOOKING FOR A FAMILY FOR AN EXCITING TV SHOW : ITN are on the hunt for a family with young childr...

London Deaf
Experiencing music Project: communication through bodies and sign language: Hi everyone!! I am working on a project about ways...

London penge
Ghawkesh501@btinternet.com: I was also friends with Pamela and Brenda I went o...

: ...

London Pimlico
Trying to trace an old friend from 1964 / 1965: I am trying to trace Clifford John Brooks (Snowy) ...

London Deptford
Ellen Barnes (nee Wallage): I am trying to find any info on Ellen Barnes (born...

London Local Traders
There may be a curse on your life: have you ever wondered why you don't succeed no ma...

London Parents
LOOKING FOR A FAMILY FOR AN EXCITING TV SHOW : ITN are on the hunt for a family with young childr...

London New Friends
Club with me : Would like a few ladies and gents to join me at re...

London Brockley
Skipton Hpose Honor Oak Estate: Any relatives of the Bridgeman family still around...

London Pimlico
Trying to trace an old friend from 1964 / 1965: I am trying to trace Clifford John Brooks (Snowy) ...

: ...

London New Friends
Club with me : Would like a few ladies and gents to join me at re...

BABY photography/ NEWBORN photography: Hi . My name is Kiki . Iíve been working as a phot...

^

Holidays its quicker and cheaper by train  

I used to be at uni in cornwall and i worked out that once you take into acount the time and expense of getting to and from the airports it was the same price and time of going by train (just without the hastle and better for the environment).

Post reply -->London Holidays walrus 18 Oct

^

Holidays environment and surfing  

i so totally agree. what's with everyone surfing yet not realising that the impact of flying will eventually turn the best waves into mush....

Post reply -->London Holidays mR 18 Sep

OK*