Back to main index

London Gardening

Posted by Helen 25 May 2005 'Suggest a new Forum:' I think you should have a forum for people who want to grow things in London. Sounds ironic, but the gardening sites I've found are very full-on and not very city orientated. I say this because two years ago. in a rented flat, I was surprised how easy it is to grow little things in the garden. The garden 'makeovers' on the TV neglect to tell you that plants need water and light.

Search: Search

Main Index

Terms and Conditions of use.

Please don't try to advertise products or services in this forum. Thank you.

Post or Ask something here in 'Gardening'

Gardening Window boxes  

I've got no garden in my flat (because it's on the second floor), but I do have some deep window cills (is that how you spell them ?) which would fit some of those green troughs I've seen at B&Q. Beyond that. I haven't got a clue to be honest. But I'd like to try my hand at growing some plants and flowers and possibly some herbs for cooking. I have asked, but I think the people at my B&Q are really hot on drill bit sizes and rawplugs, but there's never anyone in the garden dept to ask ! I'd really be grateful for some advice.

Post reply -->London Gardening Pete 28 May
Should we remove this post ?

^

Gardening Pete: Window Boxes and Gardening  

Pete, since it's now May/June, your best bet would be to buy a couple of those green troughs, and a couple of bags of earth to put in them, and a tray of 'bedding' plants that you can get from Homebase or B&Q. These are very young plants that the vendors have grown from seed: make little 'wells' in the soil in your boxes, and place (don't push) the plants in them about 5cm apart. You're going to have to water them prob twice a day if it's hot: if the earth on the top is crusty, then they need watering. Good Luck !

Post reply -->London Gardening Susan 28 May
Should we remove this post ?

OK*