Back to main index

London Doctor

Search: Search

Main Index

Terms and Conditions of use.

Please don't try to advertise products or services in this forum. Thank you.

Post or Ask something here in 'Doctor'

Doctor Sleep problem  

Recently I've been waking up a lot. I go to sleep OK, but I keep waking up in the early hours of the morning for no reason, and it's quite difficult to get back to sleep after that.

Post reply -->London Doctor Joe 1 Jun
Should we remove this post ?

^

Doctor re Sleep Problem  

Well it's quite common for people to go through a period of this, but if it continues beyond a few weeks, and other things are starting to go wrong such as loss of appetite and general loss of interest, then you need to go and talk to your GP as sleep disturbance of this kind can be an early sign of clinical depression.

Post reply -->London Doctor 2 Jun

^

Doctor re Sleep problem  

The first thing to say is that not being able to get to sleep isn't a medical condition, it's normal and occurs quite frequently.

Being severely tired all day, and then waking every night 2-4am as if it's time to wake up with your head full of very anxious thoughts, but you can't quite focus on any of them, and you feel very afraid, but it's about a lot of things, not just one. If you have to think about it, it's not you. If this description fits you to a glove then you need to talk to your doctor

Post reply -->London Doctor 22 Jun

OK*